Curriculum & Instruction
At Valley View, we are committed to providing an individual, student-centered learning experience for every single child. We offer a full range of services to help children explore their passions and interests and achieve their fullest potential, no matter where they are in their learning.
A strong academic foundation is essential to students’ future success, and we contribute to that foundation through the following:
- Aligning Valley View’s curriculum and pacing guides to the Ohio Learning Standards.
- Implementing best teaching practices and supporting them through professional development.
- Using a variety of assessment tools as a way to provide data-driven instruction.
- Provide students with various opportunities to explore interests and gain skills that will ensure success in their future career.
The department of curriculum and instruction is responsible for the development, implementation, and assessment of all courses of study within Valley View. Additionally, the department is charged with the continuous improvement of classroom instruction as well as the administration and interpretation of the statewide testing requirements.
These services and programs are coordinated by the department:
- Literacy Support
- Gifted Services
- English Language Learners
- State Testing
- Federal Grants Administration
- COVID Relief Grant Funding (ESSER) [.PDF]
Our secondary curriculum, which includes a range of honors and Advanced Placement courses, varies in rigor to challenge students at all different learning levels. Our focus is always on academic achievement and a modernized delivery of instruction, with a special emphasis on early and frequent exploration of different possible career paths.
But with this promise comes a commitment to flexibility. Students learn in different ways and can reach the same end through different means.
And so, we are proud to offer a multitude of options for earning high school credit at Valley View. These options go beyond the traditional experience of selecting courses from our Program of Study and attending courses at a Valley View high school during the regular school day: the Physical Education Waiver, Credit Flexibility options, or College Credit Plus.
For questions regarding Valley View's Curriculum, please contact Nichole Thomas