In response to a federal mandate, the Valley View Local School District developed a preschool program to serve children 3 – 5 years of age with a wide range of disabilities qualifying for special education services. A program model was adopted to include children with typical development in order to provide for a more appropriate and enriching learning experience.
The program provides a nurturing environment that supports the intellectual, academic, and social growth of young children. It is designed to serve both students with a range of disabilities as well as typical preschool students who pay tuition to attend. The model is built on the premise that preschool-aged students with disabilities, as well as those with typical learning styles, can both benefit and grow academically by learning alongside one another. “Center-based classrooms” are comprised of equal numbers of both types of learners.
- Morning and afternoon programs
Monday-Thursday: ages 3 & early 4 attend 9:00 AM-11:45 AM
Monday-Thursday: ages 4 & 5 attend 12:45 PM-3:30 PM
- Students currently enrolled may remain in the program, provided they meet age requirements.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent, guardian or caregiver.
- Children must be three years old on or before Aug. 1 during the year they wish to enroll.
- Children who are five years old on or before Aug. 1 are not eligible.
- If your child is eligible for kindergarten, he/she is not eligible for this program.
- Children must be toilet-trained or in the process of being toilet-trained.
- Families must reside within the Valley View School District by the end of the application deadline.
Lottery System for Admissions
Valley View will use a lottery system starting the 2023-2024 school year. This will replace the waitlist. The district stopped taking names for a waitlist during the 2019-2020 school year.
The lottery system will provide a more equitable process for families. All interested and eligible students will have their name added to the lottery by following the steps.
Upcoming dates for the 2023/2024 lottery:
February 2, 2023: Informal meeting with interested parents to discuss the process of the lottery system (not mandatory)
February 2, 8:00 am-March 3, 4:00 pm: Registration for Preschool Lottery System
Information distributed via many avenues: Website, board meeting, ParentSquare, churches, grocery store bulletin boards, Germantown Press, etc.
March 23, 2023: District will inform families of their student's status via email.